Thursday, January 13, 2005

You Call This An Increase?!

Today I signed my salary increase letter given by our higher-ups. My basic salary really increased, but there was a catch. The reason for such was all my other allowances were bundled into it, and then calling that new sum, "the increased salary".

I know life's hard and the economy is down, but after serving almost 10 years in this company, I should have gotten this amount 4 years ago! I sometimes think of the investment my parents put in me, sending me to school, making sure I have the best education possible.

Should I have ventured on endeavors related to my course instead? I knew computers were in, and I could say I had the interest graduating lankly albeit excitedly 9 summers ago. Would I have found myself in the same financial situation if I were able to find a job in Shell or San Miguel or some other instutition I have submitted applications in?

To finally move into our own house, I would need to tighten my belt a little bit more, put off enrolling Nikki to a playschool and just homeschool him till he qualifies for preschool, say goodbye to my planned DVD purchases, and maybe stay abroad for a few more assignments... What do you say?

1 comment:

Mrs P said...

Tell me about it! it's a suckie increase, it's a suckie company - why the heck are we putting up with it? sorry, i got carried away there...

balik ka na lang dto ruthie. ;)