Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Snowboarding

Just got off a snowboarding weekend, and wow! my body hurts! I never felt pain in some parts of my body before. But it was worth it! Even though we overcome a major traffic jam just to get to Naeba, the cold mountain air brought about a rejuvinating feeling within me. Everything felt nice. We arrived at the lodge around 2 pm already, and hurriedly changed into our gear. I put on very warm clothes, coz it was my first time after all. With anticipation, i put on my snowboard. And walked. Well, sort of dragged my board with 1 foot to the ski lift. R, S & P were kind enough to teach us the basics, and I was able to master getting up after the first slope. Even getting off the lift, I received praises from R, coz usually most people tumble during their first time. And so, I tried again, and again. By 4:30 I was exhausted!




The hot bath was totally refreshing, especially after a day of 'boarding. Could feel my body relaxing... Dinner was also superb, I totally got full after. R, the organizer, held a small party in their room, and we played poker and bullshit the whole night. It was fun meeting new people, and since most of us are expats, I didn't struggle at all on having to speak Nihongo.

I do wanna go back there, but I really have to save now! Any donors out there?

No comments: