Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Cross My Heart

Now and then 

Do you wash your hands of me again 

Wish me anywhere but home 

Drunk and on the end of your phone 

 

From time to time 

Do you guess whats really on my mind 

Guess that How youre keeping now 

Means Where are you sleeping now 

 

CHORUS 1 

But, of course, its not polite to ask you where you spent last night 

And if I did, you might reply that I have no right 

And anyway, Im fine, glad that youre no longer mine 

If I should tell a lie, cross my heart and hope to die 

 

Youd be appalled 

If you knew what I was doing when you called 

Yes, I can see Im blundering 

And I always end up wondering 

 

CHORUS 2 

Will it ever be all right to ask you where you spent last night?

And can it be polite the way we never write 

Cause I dont have the time and anyway, Im fine 

If I should tell a lie, cross my heart and hope to die 

 

AD LIB 

 

Ooh yeah 

 

[Repeat CHORUS 1] 

 

I hope we never die [3x], yeah 

Cross my heart [8x till fade] 



No comments: