Thursday, May 24, 2007

Wii!


I bought a Wii last April.


Sadly, only the Japanese version is readily available here. I wanted to buy one before my family went home last Feb, but every time I'd visit a store, it was always sold out.


Then in the first week of April, I accompanied W to Ito Yokado store coz he'll buy another Wii remote. Lo and behold, stacks and stacks of Wiis!!!


I knew I didnt have enough yen with me (it costs 25,000yen) so I thought of charging it to my credit card. Thoughts of my wife killing me were playing in my head, hehehe. But I finally gave in! Sige, bili pa!


I, for one, am not really a game purist. I dont mind that the game doesnt have the end of the line graphics technology. I like the fun aspect of it, and I'm sure my family will enjoy it. I could already imagine my kids swatting away while playing baseball/tennis or punching each other in Boxing (I bought Wii Sports)


I thought that the games are just for fun. But if you really put your body into it, you can have a workout as well. Most of the time, I dont stretch before playing, and I end up with sore muscles after.


Tip to those who want to buy:

Have lots of space

Buy only 1 extra nunchuks. You only need 2 at a time

You can have up to 4 remotes. It's fun when playing tennis.

A bigger TV helps

Stretch before every game


I'm waiting for the Spider-man game to come out here. It looks like a lot of fun in the trailer, dangling through NYC. Dragonball also seems cool, especially when you're doing the power moves (can anyone say "ka-me-ha-me-HA"?)


No comments: