Monday, June 20, 2005

Monday Blues!

I feel like Garfield today. I really hate Mondays!!! I only like Mondays when they're holidays. I dread getting up and getting ready. How I wish it would always be weekends. Siguro ganon if you don't like your work that much no? I mean, what if I had na my own business? Would I still feel like this?

Before the piracy overkill, I have always wanted to put up my own video and record store. Like Tower Records, but with knowledgeable employees. Not like the ones they have in Odyssey or Radio City or Video City or Astrovision. Yung you'll ask lang for a CD na hindi Britney Spears or Sexbomb Dancers and they'll look at you with a deer-caught-in-the-headlights kind of stare.

******************************************

I love movies (more so than music), and I wanted to cater to all those collectors and movie-lovers alike, preferably in the more presentable media, the DVD. Kaso now, I feel na the video-watching public are just totally dependent on the movies that the local distributors put out in the market. Usually the sobrang commercialized movies that you can find everywhere. The ones that are critically-acclaimed or the ones they think na konti lang ang bibili, you have to get pa outside of the country. I can never find 'The Groundhog Day' DVD dito. This, I believe, is Bill Murray's funniest movie. Wala raw kasi tayong winter kaya we won't get the premise of the Groundhog day.

Sometimes naman, wrong timing ang local distributors. It took me forever to find the Godfather Trilogy DVD, kasi when I bought the Region 1 (US), nilabas naman nila yung mas murang Region 3!!! Grrrrr!!!

Sometimes, pang-inis lang ang ginagawa ng local distributors. Like yung sa case ng Friends DVDs, they get the Region 1 cover (where you can see lots of Special Features) and then you plug in the DVD and lo and behold, wala yung ibang Special Features!!! Kulang na lang, i-xerox na lang yung box nung Region 1 and ibigay yung inferior Region 3 discs!!! I really had the first 3 seasons changed kahit walang physical defect yung discs. I just told the lady at Astrovision that the discs did not contain all the special features indicated at the back and I was not at all satisfied with their product. Buti na lang tinanggap nila ulit. The bad news was, sa Amazon.com pa ako bumili ng Region 1 Friends, and you could guess how much it cost me to buy the 8 Seasons.

If ever I'll put up my video store, it would more likely be Region 1 releases. I don't want to sell low-quality stuff kasi... Kaso, it would defeat naman my purpose of raising the bar for Filipino products. Siguro dapat sa Warner or Magnavision ako magtrabaho... Hmmmm...

******************************************

Thanks to D and N for always giving me comments about my blog.

2 comments:

D said...

hi ruther! i always wanted to put up a business d'yan sa manila, maybe we can team up.. dvds din kaso lang yung dvds dito hindi daw nagra-run sa dvd or vcd player nyo dyan. also ala magmamanage.. i heard mabenta din magazines like us weekly and people.. if u want ako magsesend tapos kaw magbenta dyan.. kaso mga gossip mags, parang di ata bagay sa 'yo ;)

what's region 1 and region 3?

Mrs P said...

welcome ruthie! minsan comment ka rin sa kin. :D

feeling ko mala-high fidelty (with DVDs/CDs) yun trip mo noh? ako rin eh..m thinking of business to put up..but sa clothes naman kaso hindi feasible coz mas expensive dto kesa sa phils. although style-wise eh definitely mas mei edge sha...