Thursday, June 16, 2005

Things I Miss in Japan

I can't believe how time flew! As of today, I have already stayed 8 straight months in Manila. Ganoong katagal na akong idle! Ha ha! But I kinda miss Japan pa rin. Why? Let me count the ways...

It's so ef-in' hot here in Manila! Our airconditioner would have conked out if I didn't have it cleaned. Nikki learned how to turn on the aircon so I guess that explains why our bill is P10, 400+. Yup, that's right, P10,400. Last year at this time, it was only P4,000+. What did we get recently that contributed to the difference? Nothing!!! We already had the motor for our water tank last year, so I guess it's just the aircon use. But should the difference be P6,000?!!! Hell no! That's why I miss Japan. With their cool climate 9 months of the year, I just have to settle for that awful summer. Honestly, I prefer their cool, crisp winters than their sticky summers anytime!

Going home from the office takes almost an hour! And I live in Las Pinas for cripes sake! I miss the regular train schedules, though I'd rather have the other train lines compared to JR Yokohama. The others are usually less packed, with lesser intervals between trains. And when I'm late it's usually because of my own fault! I just want to get to my destination with so much less hassle! Even if I take my car, with these skyrocketing gasoline prices, LUGI rin! Plus the aggravation of dealing with uneducated drivers on the road, I could literally feel my wrinkles forming on my forehead. No exag!

I miss the food! I'm sawa na of the daing na bangus, sisig, pork barbecue, chickenjoy, yang chow, tapsi, longsi, tosi, pakaplog and what have you! I want my chashumen, my chahan and yakiniku tampin!

I miss the convenience and ease of shopping. I was a regular of amazon.co.jp. I ordered books, DVDs, toys, etc. The prices may not be different from those available here, but I could readily spend 2,000 yen there than P1,000 here. That's the difference. And the gadget! Oh my god! Give me an ipod that has its own satellite, with built-in Gprs, that could heat my dinner with a side of fries and McShake, puri-su! Yodobashi and Bic, two places I miss visiting.

I don't know why, and most of the time I feel ashamed to admit it, but I like living alone for a time. I mean, I like being married pa rin plus I so love my kids, but they can be quite a handful rin. Days literally go by so quickly with them. I just want that time when I can be alone, drink a hot cup of Caramel Macchiatto and read a book. Ideal overseas assignments for me would be three months a year. But that rarely happens. Not to us, not to ITPST.

So adopt me again, Japan. Love me ulit.

But for 3 months lang ha? [asa ka pa.]

4 comments:

D said...

grabe, ganun na ba kamahal kuryente??! we were only paying 100 pesos when i was there.. the most na yung P150 pag napasobra gamit ng ac.. no wonder my mom keeps complaining of the gastos.

miss ko na din japan!:) it's the most convenient place i've ever been.. hindi pa boring :)

Mrs P said...

dale 100 pesos? really?

yikes! sa bahay naman i think they're spending 4,000 pesos a month sans the aircon pa yun ha. nung ginamit namin aircon almost daily, it reached 7,000 pesos. yikes, yikes!

tara, visit nyo ko here sa japan! hehehe...

ruthie, there's this new ramen-ya (santoka) in yokohama. pare, mas masarap sa yoshimura! it's not too oily and is presented nicely - not like the ones in yoshimura..para kang baboy..hehhe.. but the lasa, it's oh-so-good! hehe.. u should definitely come back here for a few weeks or so. ;)

ako nga when i was in manila, the longest ive stayed there was only 2 months and yet ive missed japan already. iba rin kze dito eh..benri. :)

D said...

that was way back when i was there.. dunno how we managed to do that, napagbintangan nga kami of cheating eh.

i can't imagine working there again.. (again, no offense).. dati na nga lang sa gas and toll fee and lunch lang halos napupunta salary ko dyan sa jpi.. how much more ngayon kaya... siguro laki na ng sweldo nyo kase taas na bilihin eh! (iparinig ko ba yan sa management nyo?! hehehe)

nette, baka kaya missed mo nun japan kase may iba ka nami-miss ;) heheh joke! joke!

Mrs P said...

hehehe...pede rinnnn! :D

naku dale...maliit pa rin sweldo noh tsaka wala pa ring major career growth...cant wait to get a nu job...kaso naman...ang hirap makakita ng work. tsk, tsk...