Thursday, June 16, 2005

My Morning Rush addiction

I can't get enough of the morning rush. Although I'm such a sleeper, I try to wake up early just to catch the Morning Rush on RX93.1 (webcast also at www.rx931.com 6-9am Phil time). I used to dread going off to (school before and now) work, but somehow, over the years, that feeling vanished coz I was drawn to their show during, of course, the morning rush.

That was the time when Campus Radio was losing its touch. Triggerman was getting really annoying, and nothing seemed to be doing it for me from all the other stations. My mom used to comment that Chico and Delamar were always talking, but for goodness' sake, it was a radio TALK show, after all.

I used to smile kahit corny sometimes ang topics nila. But they were never really as corny as their next door (can i say door?) neighbor, the old WKC. I liked the He Said, She Said portion - which was their dibs on caller's problems/concerns, their News at 17 (every 17th minute of the hour), the opening and closing songs (sung a little too cheesily for my taste), even the audacity to release their own record! Yup, it was really them singing, believe you me.

Even when they changed stations and carried their morning show with them, I still followed. Boom, Franchesca and Trish, who were assigned their old timeslot in RX, were fun, but not as fun as Chico and Delamar. It was my guilty pleasure to listen to the Morning Rush, with the Top 10 usually leaving a smile plastered to my face. It was my time to be a little corny. Chico would tease the hell out of Delamar, and we were there to help him!

When they returned to RX in 2002, back with them I followed. Brad Turvy was added shortly after, but no offense to Brad, I couldn't care less if he were there or not. The 2 still carried the show. The Top 10, complete with Survivor cue in and out music, would still make me laugh, albeit a little harder. I remember the time I laughed really hard was when they discussed the Top 10 Beauty Pageant Boo boos. Old jokes during the 96 Miss Universe came back, bringing a lot of memories. Here's a sample:


Q:"Why did you join this contest?"
A:"Me? join this contest? why did I? Thank you."

Q:"How would you describe the color blue to a blind person?
A:"That's a very good question, keep it up!"

Q:"I heard you almost didn't make it, how did you get here, did you ride or
did you walk?
A:"Of course, did you ride, what do you think of me? did you
walk?"

Q:"Besides the Philippines, where else do you want to live?
A:"States"
Q:"Where in the States?"
A:"Canada"

Good thing they launched the website then. Even when I was in Japan, I would still listen to their show before I went to work. They even tried TV a few years back. There's even a yahoogroup, rushonline. Join, ika nga, ip pans ka nila!

Cat of RX recently started posting wma soundbytes mostly of the Morning Rush Top 10, details of which can be found on The Rush Online.

At least I don't need to get up at 6 am now.


rx931.com & 93.1MHz in Mega Manila, Mondays to Saturdays, 6-9am
He says, She says - Youth and Campus Section of the Manila Bulletin, Wednesdays
Top 10 soundbytes c/o The Rush Online



1 comment:

Mrs P said...

il tell u a secret..m a closet fan of chico and delamar too! heeheh... nahawa nga mommy ko eh, because i used to listen to their morning rush before i go to school too. but that was in 2nd year high school for me and probably graduating college class for you. heeheh! pero they started releasing their own friggin album it's corny na. i do however liked their he said she said portion too. :)